Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Beans and Greens

Thanks to my bestie, I have a new favorite recipe. She calls it "Beans and Greens"!!! It's not quite a chili, not really a stew, and definitely not a meat sauce...it's kinda like a goulash!!! This is a really great way to use all of those veggies that are sitting in your fridge, about to turn. Even my kids LOVED it!! I know that when my 19 month old son says, "mmmMMMMMmmm" that it's a winner!!!




Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 small onion, diced
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1.5 lbs ground beef or turkey
1 can of beans of your choice (I like red kidney), drained and rinsed
Any veggies you have around (spinach, broccoli, potatoes, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, you name it!)
1/4 - 1/2 cup of beef or chicken stock
Salt and Pepper





1) In a pan with a tsp of oil, saute onions until soft. (5 min)
2) Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3) Brown meat with onions and garlic for about 8 min 
4) Add beans and veggies
5) Add in stock and seasonings. *You can make it thick or soupy...whatever you like :)
6) Serve with rice, pasta, or alone.

Enjoy!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment