Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Coconut Dusted Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes

So...my husband had bought me this bag of coconut flour from Trader Joes and had been asking me to "please, do something with it." Over the holidays I made macaroons, and they were DIVINE! Tonight, I decided to try something a little bit different.

You see, we are chicken lovers in this house, but for the most part, I either pan fry, or bake, usually with no breading or crust. I have been gluten free for almost 6 years, and we just prefer to have it that way. A little EVOO, a pinch of salt, a dash of pepper, and there you have it!

This evening I was feeling creative. I started looking around for some chicken recipes, using coconut flour and the following is what I came up with. I am also including my roasted potatoes recipe and garlic roasted broccoli, just because they are so tasty!

Serves: 4

Coconut Chicken
1.5 lbs of chicken cutlets (thin sliced)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp white pepper

Potatoes
1 bag of small New Potatoes
1 Sweet Potato 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Broccoli
1 head of broccoli - chopped 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves of garlic
Salt 
Pepper

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Peel and wash sweet potato. Then cut into small pieces. 
3) Cut the New Potatoes in halves (or thirds).  *Tip- Make sure all potatoes are around the same size. They will cook evenly and come out perfect. :) 
4) Put potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then pop in the oven. Set timer for 30 minutes.

5) Combine broccoli, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and put on a separate baking sheet.
6) Once the first timer goes off for potatoes, add broccoli to the oven. *At this time, also flip the potatoes so they don't burn.
7) Set timer for an additional 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, 
8) Heat a large saute pan on the stove top over med/high heat.
9) Put Extra Virgin Olive Oil in one bowl, and flour, salt, cumin, turmeric, and pepper in another.  
10) Dip chicken into oil, then flour mix. Make sure you cover the chicken. Repeat with all the cutlets.
11) Place chicken in pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done, depending on the thickness. 
12) Place on paper towel to soak up excess oil.

13) Plate and serve! 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment