Wednesday, February 4, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Taco and Quinoa Taco Bake

Holy cow! This meal is so super scrumptious that I just HAVE to share it! I am currently on my second round of 21 Day Fix, and am always on the look out for complete meals, that are quick, easy, and where I can easily figure out my containers....and this is JUST that! Pure heaven!!

One serving of this bad boy is 1/4 of a 9x13 dish, and trust me it is filling. I ate dinner around 6:00 PM and when I went to bed around 11:00 PM I was still feeling satisfied. No nighttime snacking for this chick right here. If you are on the Fix, one serving will count as: 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 red. 

*Half of the cheese on top is made with Cheddar style almond cheese, because my hubby is dairy free.

Servings: 4


Ingredients:
1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
Cooking spray
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic, minced
1 pepper, chopped
1 20 oz package of Extra Lean Ground Turkey (I use Jenny-O)
1 lime
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 cups tomato sauce
1 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese (spread out to 4 blue containers in the Fix)
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt 
Pepper

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
2) Cook quinoa according to package directions.
3) While quinoa is cooking, spray a large pan with cooking spray, add onion and cook for 5 min. Then add garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
4) Add turkey to the mix, stirring together and breaking it up. Let cook for 5 minutes and then add in peppers.
5) Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until meat is browned. 
6) Add in the juice of 1 lime and all the spices, plus the S & P. Mix together and cook an additional 1 minute.
7) Remove from heat and combine the quinoa with the turkey/veggie mix. Add in the tomato sauce, and 1 blue container of cheese (about 1/4 cup), and mix well. 
8) Add the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese (about 3/4 cup). Cover with foil and pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes. 
9) Divide into 4 sections and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment